Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Weekly Drawing - Totoro Parody (Mistborn)


Title: My Neighbor the Koloss
Size: 8 and 1/2 by 5 inches
This piece portrays my new parody on the 'totoro in the rain' scene. It's a Mistborn parody!

So our assignment this week was to explore our interests and draw something along those lines. I told myself repeatedly, I will not do another Stormlight Archive piece, I will not do another Stormlight Archive piece. So now I've ended up with a Mistborn piece instead. Oh well!

It occurred to me while considering this assignment that I should do a My Neighbor Totoro parody. There are tons of spin offs of the famous scene in the rain, but I'd never drawn one before. I figured now was the time to try. :)

Here's the original picture:

After some deliberation, I decided to go with Elend Venture in his uniform with Vin asleep in her mistcloak on his back. Next to a koloss. A koloss. I'm sorry, I just can't seem to get over myself, because I think this piece is completely hysterical.

I've started sketching in the city of Luthadel in the background, and you can kind of see Kredik Shaw off in the distance. I was going to have it raining ash, but I haven't had time yet to draw it in.

I know the piece isn't completely accurate to the mistborn books, but, overall, I'm incredibly pleased with the piece. I like totoro parodies, love the Mistborn series, and LOVE drawing crazy, goofy spin off pictures. So this piece was a good fit for me, I think. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment