Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Weekly Drawing - Mistborn Cover Grid Art

Title: The Final Empire
Size: 7 by 10 inches
This unfinished drawing shows the cover of Mistborn: The Final Empire done in purple colored pencil, using the grid technique to copy the picture over.


Here's the reference image:

This week I tried to recreate the cover of the first Mistborn book. I would love to write books someday, so for the "exploring your interests" assignment this week I did a little research on writing and different literary devices. It turns out one of my favorite books follows the rules of a tragedy perfectly, and I never knew until now, so that was a bit of a surprise. I've been practicing writing fiction and reading lots of stories, so I feel like I'm well on my way to being an author. :)

2 comments:

  1. cool i really like your shadings and the amount of details used

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like this better than the final though I love your final framing.

    ReplyDelete