Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Week 9 - Final project


Title: Keep Calm and Shall On
Size: 14 by 11 inches
This unfinished collage piece shows Shallan, sketching the shattered plains.

This picture's title is a play on words, because the girl's name is Shallan.

For my final project for Art 1, I decided to do another collage project. I had never experimented with collage as an art style until our assignment earlier this semester, but I had so much fun last time, I simply had to try it again. This time, I decided to do Shallan, as show on the inside cover of Words of Radiance. Here's my reference image:


So I started by drawing out a grid and contour drawing in my sketchbook, and then started looking for pictures of clouds I could use in the background. The picture at the top is the result of nine and a half hours of work done in ten sittings. I'm incredibly happy with how well it's turning out and looking forward to continuing to work on this project. :)

For anyone who might be interested in seeing how the collage came together, I've been tracking my progress from session to session on this document.

No comments:

Post a Comment