Monday, January 12, 2015

Week 8 - Aerogami



Titles: The Jason Write (above) and the Crooked Nosed Cruiser (below)
Sizes: The Jason Write is about 5 inches long and 4 inches wide, and the  Crooked Nosed Cruiser is about 9 inches long and 4 inches wide.
This pair of paper aeroplanes portray the balance between flight and aesthetics that appears when one ventures into the world of aerogami.

Where to start... Well, to be honest, I wasn't stoked about doing paper airplanes this week, but now, I'm have totally gotten into the spirit of aerogami. :)

It's like origami (which I enjoy) combined with flying (which I assume I would enjoy)!



The Crooked Nosed Cruiser is a Merlin from paperaeroplanes.com. It seemed like a straightforward choice for the distance contest, and straightforward did it fly! After a few initial crash landings (crinkling the front of the plane and earning its name), followed by some quick reading on paper airplane calibration, my plane was flying better than I had imagined! Of my three throws, I had an average of 23 feet and a best throw of 31 feet. I'm quite proud.

The Jason Write is a Ketch from paperairplaneshq.com. I'm afraid I had to name it after the main character from Defending Elysium, which is currently my favorite science fiction short story, due to the plane looking sort of like a spaceship of some kind. It still won't fly straight, despite my efforts, although it will do some rather interesting flips and twists. :)

Anyway, I'm very glad I got to do this project! It was a bucket load of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment