Friday, January 29, 2016

Commissioned Mixed Media - Press Forward Poster


Title: Press Forward
Size: 14 by 11 inches
This poster was done for my young women's group. It's watercolor with pen outline and a bit of colored pencil and Photoshop on top. It combines ideas from our 2016 theme scripture (2 Nephi 31:20), the young women's values, and Lehi's dream. Each of the colored rods represents one of the young women values, and I consider it one of my greatest accomplishments that orange, yellow, and gold are distinct colors.

This commission was unique in that it was almost entirely designed when I was asked to put it together. It was interesting to come into a piece with so much direction, as I normally have minimal planning. Perhaps I should try it again sometime, as I rather like how it came out.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment