Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Sidewalk Chalk Figures - Three Avengers


Title: 2D Sidewalk Assembly
Size: 36 by 42 inches
This one's pretty straightforward. Just a sidewalk chalk drawing of Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor. Overall, I think these turned out pretty well.

Iron Man was an interesting challenge, as there's not really "red" in sidewalk chalk, just dark pink. So I used dark pink against light pink and white to try and show the armor, which worked surprisingly well. There's also a bit of yellow and blue in there...

Thor nearly killed me. If there's not really red in sidewalk chalk, then there is definitely no grey. Okay, well admittedly you'll run in to a grey piece of chalk every once in a while, but it just doesn't show up on sidewalks. Which is why Thor's armor ended up being white/purple/blue/brown. I put extra orange in the cape and extra blue in the armor to help contrast them better.

And Cap? He was nice. Gave me no trouble at all. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment