Thursday, June 4, 2015

Final Project - TenSoon Portraits (part 2)

Title: Always Another Secret
Size: 9 by 5 inches
Here's the second installment of my series of portraits. As you may remember from part one, my series is focusing on the shape shifter TenSoon from the Mistborn series. In this piece, TenSoon is posing as Kelsier, a well known freedom fighter.

It was pretty fun to do this painting, because although it's technically a portrait of TenSoon, for all intents and purposes it's just a portrait of Kelsier. And then, of course, for any part of the portrait that didn't turn out quite like I thought it would, there was the wonderful excuse of "Well, it's not really Kelsier. I drew it perfectly accurately, but TenSoon didn't recreate the face perfectly. Because this is, after all, a portrait of TenSoon as Kelsier, not Kell himself."

Yes. That excuse is wonderful and convenient. I'm going to have to find more chances to use it... *grins deviously*

In case you were all wondering, I have declared blonde hair the bane of watercolor artists. It's not quite yellow, though it's close; it's definitely not brown, though there are certainly browns intermixed; and then there's the element of silvery-ness to blonde hair. So, yeah, not my favorite thing. Painting it was an interesting experience, if nothing else.

I may be back later (after 1:00 Friday) with a touched-up version of this portrait, but for now I need to start on the third and final painting. :)

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing! The detail is unbelievable! you did an amazing job, you should be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete