Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Week 6 - Watercolor Bug

Title: Spring Loaded
Size: 14 by 11 inches
This piece portrays a grasshopper perched on a piece of stone in watercolor.

This was really fun to do. It took quite a while, but I really enjoyed it. Sketching out the right proportions took a few tries, but I am satisfied that it looks like a grasshopper. Trying to color it in was entertaining too. At first I was like "Okay, this bit is brown, that next bit is... also brown... next, brownish orange...", but then I got more into it and was able to distinguish which colors should go where a little more.

I am almost certain I went overboard with the speckling, but what can I say? I love speckling... :D

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize this was watercolor. It's a gorgeous insect!

    ReplyDelete