Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Week 5 - Self Portrait

Title: Self Portrait
Size: 6 by 8 inches
This piece is the result of my attempts to draw myself in my personal style.

I feel like this piece turned out okay. Not great, but not awful either. The problem with pen is, of course, that it can't be erased. So any errant lines are stuck in the picture. I could drone on for a few hours, complaining about the many things I wish I had done differently, but, instead, I shall endeavor to stay positive.

The girl in the picture looks sort of like me, so I'm going to call that a victory. 

Starting out, I didn't intend for this picture to turn out quite so brown, but now I rather like the sense of unity all the shades of brown lend to the piece. I tend to doodle cartoons, and my drawings are often populated with mini me's, but trying to draw myself in a more realistic manner was an interesting change. If nothing else, I had a lot of fun drawing it. :)

1 comment: