Monday, September 22, 2014

Week 4 - Art (Part 2)


Title: Ladrian Peninsula
Size: 11 by 8 and 1/2 inches
This piece portrays my attempts at pulling together several different landforms.

This piece is colored in pencil with titles in pen.

Finally, my map is done. (sighs in relief) It was certainly an adventure to put together, seeing as designing landscapes is not one of my strong points. But even so, I think it turned out pretty nice.

When I was in the planning stages of this project, I decided that I didn't want to just label all of the landforms. So I added names to everything, which sort made the map feel more like a real place to me.
For anyone who was wondering, all the names come from Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn.

1 comment:

  1. I recently heard a comment on cartography and how they really have to know a lot of different subjects to make their work happen. It sounded kind of interesting to have to know geography, art, engineering, and then the things that would pertain to your map like is it for driving, for politics, for tourist information, etc.

    ReplyDelete