Thursday, September 11, 2014

Week 3 - Art

Title: Impressions of Branches
Size: 8 and 1/2 by 11 inches
This picture portrays the idea of a tree, and how there are branches upon branches layered one on top of another.

This picture was done in pencil.

I rather like the way the branches ended up. When I started, I wasn't really sure what I was planning, after all, I could hardly draw each leaf individually and not take an outrageous amount of time. So I drew where the branches sat, then how the light hit them. And here's the result! 

2 comments:

  1. This drawing is really interesting and well done. I like how you made the leaves in unique shapes. I think this shows your own individual style. I also like how you used shading to show where the light hit the tree. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are great at inferring movement in your drawings. This makes me think of Totoro's tree (obviously a different tree, but one in motion).

    ReplyDelete