Friday, August 29, 2014

Sidewalk Chalk Sandy

Hello again, my fine friends! Here is an illustration I did of Sanderson man Snoozie, aka Sandman, from William Joyce's book series The Guardians of Childhood. Which I love to death, because they are FANTASTIC. (Seriously, go read them)

This Sandy's...what, three feet across? I did the sketch a week or two ago, and it rained the next day. Let's go with approximately three feet across. The material I used was sidewalk chalk (notice how he's conspicuously drawn in the shade, out of the summer sun). In this sketch, I was trying to portray Sandy, and how incredibly happy he is. Also, how happy his hair makes me. I mean, look at it! It's breathtaking. Anyway, I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out. His hair was super fun to draw. It's seriously as fun to draw as look at, if not more.

Also, I highly recommend checking out the work of William Joyce. He's a talented artist and author.

1 comment: